This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us when using our services, website www.fmsearch.eu and / or accessing and / or applying through our jobs page https://fmsearch.current.jobs/
For your safety and security, this website uses SSL Certificate to ensure an encrypted connection if your browser supports it.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation that replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC) The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate. Your new rights under the GDPR are set out in this notice and were last updated July 2023.
The Information we collect on this website:
- When you use and / or visit our website, to ensure technical administration, management, and security of this website, we may collect personal information about you (usage data) , such as your IP address, location, time of visit and browser details.
- When you use the contact form on this website, we collect your e-mail address, name, contact details and/ or other details you provide in your contact form.
When visiting this website and/ or contacting us via email directly, apply for jobs online and / or through our social media pages and / or through our website contact form, the information you provide is in transit over the internet. While we take all due care in ensuring the privacy and integrity of the information that you provide to us, we recognise that no data transmission over the internet can be 100% guaranteed as secure. The possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully observed by a third party while in transit over the internet. We accept no liability should this occur.
- When applying for a job through our jobs page, we collect the data provided by you which may include: your name, address and post code; private and corporate e-mail address and phone number; financial information and compliance documentation; references verifying your qualifications and experience and your right to work in Malta; curriculum vitae and photograph; employment details and preferences; links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook for Business or corporate website.
The data may be freely provided by you when applying for jobs and / or when contacting us, or, in case of Usage Data for hosting, functionality, administrative, technical and management purposes, when using/ accessing/browsing this website.
Our legal basis for processing your data:
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this website is necessary to ensure functionality and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible to use the website or affect the quality of the website when you visit.
Other data that you provide, for example when you contact us or apply for jobs online, is necessary to be able to answer your enquiry and provide you with our recruitment and talent advisory services.
The information you provide to us and/ or we process / collect when using this website is used by us to:
- provide to you our recruitment and talent advisory services to you, whether you are a client, candidate or a user of our website and or / services;
- to answer your enquiry
- enable you to visit and make use of our website and to contact us via our website or directly to our email address
- where we have a bona fide requirement by law to process it, including by disclosing the data to third parties, for example, in relation to the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, and /or in order to comply with our legal obligations, licensing requirements, compliance requirements and/or any applicable law, legislation, regulations and court order.
- To serve the hosting, technical administration, functionality, management, and security of the website
This list is not exhaustive and we may seek to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose which has not been listed above always with your explicit consent. The more information we have about you the more bespoke we can make our service.
Where appropriate, we will seek your consent to undertake some of these activities.
We may also use the information you send to us via the websites and/or services, to communicate with you via email and, possibly, other means, or to send you our newsletter, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences and if you have provided your consent for such. However, you will always be able to opt out of such communications at any time.
We do not sale or share your data with anyone for any marketing, direct selling, advertising purposes.
Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
Your Personal Data will not be used for any automated decision-making or profiling which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
How do we share your personal data?
Within the scope of the purposes outlined above and to carry our service to you, to answer your enquiry and ensure the proper functionality of this website and any improvements we may need to make, we use third party service providers to host, maintain, manage and administer this website and our jobs page.
These third-party service providers provide us with hosting, technical, maintenance, administration, management, and data processing services related to the use of this website and our job application page.
We have taken contractual measures to ensure that our service providers process your data in a manner consistent with this Policy and are fully compliant with the EU GDPR framework.
Where we store your personal data
The processing and storage of the data collected when using this website occurs on our website, service and technical service providers commissioned by us for the hosting, administration, maintenance, and management of our website.
When applying through our jobs page, the information you provide is stored on our recruitment software.
All information stored on our recruitment software is secured through the Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and located at two data centres locations within Europe. Our primary centre is located in Microsoft’s Western European centre, and these facilities are secured by a series of measures, including (but not limited to) biometric access, security alarm systems and round-the-clock security staff. Additional security information on Microsoft’s data centres can be found here.
Internally, FM Search Limited has implemented strict security protocols and technical measures to protect your data and privacy, including, but not limited to cybersecurity, encryption, two factor authentication, biometric access, to name but a few.
Given the global footprint of hosting, technical , service and e-mail service providers, your data may be transferred outside the EU. Should this be the case, we have taken appropriate steps to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect such and that our providers are fully compliant with GDPR and utilize strict security measures, to protect the data, such as data transfer and data processing agreements and/or contractual clauses and / or any such other mechanism that is approved by the European Commission for transfer and processing of personal date to third countries.
How long we keep your data for
We retain different types of data for differing periods of time. The criteria we use to determine whether we should retain your personal data and how long for include:
- The nature of the personal data
- Its perceived accuracy of your data
- Your engagement levels with our services
- Our legal obligation to comply with any applicable law, regulations, legislation, licensing requirements, compliance requirements, detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, and /or in order to comply with our legal obligations and/ or to comply with any applicable law, regulations and court order
We may archive part or all your personal data or retain it on our financial systems but delete all or part of it from other records. On removal, we may anonymise parts of your data – particularly following a request for suppression or deletion of your data – to ensure we do not re-enter your personal data, unless you have requested us to do so.
The processing of your Personal Data is not carried out to fulfil a statutory requirement. The processing of your personal data by us is required for us to carry out our services and to maintain our legitimate interest by serving the hosting, technical administration, maintenance, security, management and improvement of the website to enable you to make use of our services, view and use of our website, contact us, job application page and contact page and follow us on Social Media – accessing this website, job application page, contact form and to follow our Social Media Pages or engage with us in any form, is solely at your own discretion and out of your own will.
The GDPR provides you with the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data we process on you
- The right of access to the personal data we process on you
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- The right to be informed of the source from where your personal data originated
- The right to withdraw your consent
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision-making and profiling.
Please note that your rights in relation to your personal data are not absolute and we may not be able to entertain such a request if we are prevented from doing so in term of an applicable law.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority:
If you have any complaints regarding our processing of your personal data, we kindly ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues you may have with us first by contacting us at the contact details included above. However, please note that you always have a right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner in Malta (www.idpc.gov.mt).
The above list is not an exhaustive list of your rights, further information can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
Changes to our privacy notice
While we take all due care in ensuring the privacy and integrity of the information that you provide to us, we recognise that no data transmission over the internet can be 100% guaranteed as secure. The possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully observed by a third party while in transit over the internet. We accept no liability should this occur.